Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by QCity Editorial Stuff
Bootstrap is a free and open-source front-end web development framework. It was created by Twitter developer Mark Otto, together with designer Jacob Thornton in 2011. Bootstrap 3 was released three years ago but has now been replaced with the newest version of Bootstrap 4 which offers better responsive design tools for mobile devices as well as new components to make it easier to build things like navbars, cards, tabbed interfaces, and more.
Bootstrap is a free and open-source front-end web development framework that allows you to quickly create prototypes and production code for websites without having any coding knowledge whatsoever.
Bootstrap is a widely used and well-known front-end framework for designing responsive, mobile-first projects. Version 3 was the latest before Bootstrap 4 came out in August 2016. There are many differences between Bootstrap 3 and 4 that designers should take into consideration when deciding which one to use on their project. Some of these include different grid systems, color schemes, typography, component design styles, and UI components such as buttons or navbars. Other factors such as browser support also play an important role in determining which version to choose for your project.
Comparison between Bootstrap 3 and 4
|Parameters of Comparison||Bootstrap 3||Bootstrap 4|
|Buttons||In Bootstrap 3, buttons were created with a class of by-default.||Buttons in Bootstrap 4 are now created with a class of buttons or btn-primary|
|System||Nice system||Nice system|
|Built||Built with grid||Built with grid|
|Made of||Firefox||Bootstrap 4 has a redesigned grid system for better alignment and sizing.|
What is Bootstrap 3?
Bootstrap 3 is the latest version of Bootstrap, a free and open-source front-end framework for developing responsive websites. It incorporates new features and improvements over previous versions, including updated support for newer browsers, improved responsiveness to devices of different sizes, and more built with HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery, Bootstrap 3 is designed to help you create faster, more attractive websites that look great on any device. Check out the Bootstrap 3 documentation to learn more.
What is Bootstrap 4?
Bootstrap 4 is the latest version of Bootstrap, a world-famous front-end development framework. It has many new features and improvements over previous versions, making it faster, more responsive, and more modular. In this article, we’ll take a look at what’s new in Bootstrap 4 and how you can start using it in your projects.
10 Differences Between Bootstrap 3 and 4
1. Bootstrap 3’s grid system was based on 12 columns while Bootstrap 4 is based on 16.
2. The new grid system now includes rows that are responsive to the device they’re being viewed on.
3. As of Bootstrap 4, all CSS classes have been renamed.
4. In Bootstrap 3, buttons were created with a class of by-default.
5. Buttons in Bootstrap 4 are now created with a class of buttons or btn-primary.
6. Another difference between the two versions is that icons can be added to buttons by using glyphicons instead of font-awesome icons.
7. Bootstrap 4 is built with flexbox, which means that the layout will automatically adjust to the size of your browser window.
8. Bootstrap 4 has a redesigned grid system for better alignment and sizing.
9. Bootstrap 4 has updated components like cards, alerts, and navbar.
10. All colors in Bootstrap 4 are now defined using Sass variables instead of hard-coded values (ex. $blue).
Interesting Statistics or Facts of Bootstrap 3
1. Bootstrap 3 is the latest version of Bootstrap, a toolkit for developing responsive, mobile-first websites.
2. It’s currently being used by more than 8% of all active sites on the internet.
3. The first beta release was published in late 2012 and it has been actively maintained ever since.
4. The HTML markup for this framework is clean and semantic.
5. 6 different grid systems can be used – 12 columns wide with two tiers (mobile & desktop).
6. This new version also includes many components to make your website or app look great without any extra effort from you.
Interesting Statistics or Facts of Bootstrap 4
1. Bootstrap 4 is the latest version of Bootstrap.
2. It was released in October 2017.
3. The major change to the framework is that it’s now mobile-first and responsive by default.
4. There are over 1,000 contributors to the project on GitHub.
5. The new framework includes a Sass port for faster CSS development and quicker prototyping curves.
6. It has been translated into more than 50 languages (including Klingon).
Resource 01: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/
Resource 02: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/getting-started/introduction/