Last Updated on December 14, 2021 by Peter Townsend
Have you ever thought about whether you’re in need of an appraisal for your jewelry? If yes then you’ve come to the right spot. We’ll show you why jewelry appraisals are crucial and what you can expect from them.
Do you need to get an appraisal for your jewelry?
You must consider having an appraisal of your jewelry! Here’s why…
An appraisal of jewelry outlines the worth and important details of the piece. It doesn’t matter where you came across the piece or if you’re planning to purchase the perfect engagement ring and ask the question or make a purchase for you or someone else or passing down a piece of jewelry such as a diamond bracelet.
It doesn’t matter what the situation is, if you’re giving or receiving a precious piece of jewelry, you must know the value of it. A purchase of jewelry that is not appraised is like purchasing a second-hand vehicle that does not have a CARFAX report. The only requirement is a valid appraisal regarding your jewelry. This is for many, one of their most expensive purchases, following houses and cars.
Why is it necessary to have an appraisal for your jewelry?
There are many reasons why it is beneficial to have your jewelry appraised. This includes…
- Check For DamagesYou’ll want an expert jeweler check that the ring you just bought or necklace, bracelet, etc. is in excellent condition. If your product is not appraised and evaluated properly You could risk getting damaged or even lost because of loose prongs or any other defects that aren’t immediately apparent to someone who isn’t educated.
- Low Cost, High RewardIt’s not too expensive to obtain an appraisal! The majority of jewelers charge between $75 to $125 for an appraisal. Thus, the cost to get your jewelry appraised is completely justifiable in comparison to the value of the jewelry piece.
- Confirm Jewelry Value & OwnershipRecording the worth of the diamond engagement ring as well as other fine pieces of jewelry will allow you to avoid arguments regarding the value of your jewelry in the event that you ever have to file claims to insurance. If it’s a purchase for the first time appraisal of your jewelry is another method to verify your ownership.
- Back-up Plan For Lost Or Damaged JewelryIf you should ever break or lose the jewelry piece you own and it is damaged, you must to give a thorough description of the jewelry to ensure that the jeweler will be able to make a replacement as similar to the original as is possible.
- Imagine losing something and not having the adequate documentation, and then your jeweler telling you that there’s no information needed to replace your jewellery. If you have a great appraisal, your jeweler will have the necessary information for replacing the piece. For instance an appraisal for an engagement ring is an excellent option to ensure that your ring will be as gorgeous as it was on the day you received it in the event that anything happens to it.
- Jewelry InsuranceInsurance! The majority of jewellery insurance providers require appraisals before they cover your jewelry. If your insurance provider doesn’t need a jewelry appraisal then it’s the time to find an insurance provider that is new. If you are aware of the exact particulars of the piece of jewelry, and the appraised value and appraised value, you can receive a precise jewelry insurance estimate. In the absence of this, you may be in danger of underinsuring the item and having to pay out-of-pocket costs to replace it or paying more the insurance (year following year) in the event that the appraisal is an overvalued value.
Most of the time the majority of cases, yes!
At BriteCo(TM) We need a jewelry appraisal for a variety of reasons. The first is to confirm (on behalf of you) that the information is correct and properly recorded. We also want to ensure that you’re protected in the event of any loss. Thirdly, appraisals for jewelry are crucial in providing an accurate quote for insurance on an insurance policy for jewelry.
If you are insured for your jewelry through BriteCo(TM) We work directly with the jeweler you prefer to simplify the appraisal and insurance process in order to help you save money and time. In this way, you will receive all the exact and complete information you need for your appraisal, along with an insurance quote that’s precisely the correct amount, according to your appraised worth.
We advise you to be cautious when working with an insurance company that will offer you a contract without requiring an appraisal of jewelry to confirm that the information is accurate. This may appear easy initially, but it could turn out to end up being a catastrophe when you need to file claims.
How much will an appraisal for jewelry cost?
An appraisal of jewelry is priced from $50-$150, dependent on what the appraiser is.
The cost of an appraisal for jewelry is between $75 and $100. Certain appraisers offer a flat fee per item, while other appraisers will offer discounts when you have several pieces of jewelry required to be appraised at one time. This is particularly helpful when you own a substantial estate to be valued. In some cases it is possible to locate a jeweler appraiser who costs per hour however, we’d suggest not using this method as it’s more difficult to establish upfront what the price of the appraisal for your jewelry will be.
Where can I get my jewelry appraised and is it important which location I go to?
The place and the person from whom you have the appraisal of your jewelry is extremely important.
The best option is to locate a reputable local jeweler who has the knowledge and experience to accurately assess your piece. The positive side is the fact that you can find a lot of competent jewelers in the towns across the country. If you need help finding one, contact us now to help you find an appraiser of jewelry in your area!
Peace Of Mind With Jewelry Insurance From BriteCo(tm)
That’s it! It’s not a question that we highly recommend that you have your expensive jewelry evaluated. It doesn’t matter if it’s your grandmother’s brooch or engagement ring or a new wristwatch it’s worth paying some extra money to enjoy enduring peace of mind.