Australia is a major global eCommerce market. In this guide, we’ll go over the most well-known shipping options, and also show how to find cheap rates from the USA.
- Shipping via sea freight require two to three weeks, depending on the US state you are shipping to.
- The weight of your package, the dimensions of your package and the speed of delivery determine the total shipping costs to Australia.
- APC Parcel Connect Expedited costs $60.06 for a 5 pound package that is shipped from Australia to the US to Australia.
The development of the Australian eCommerce marketplace has proven to be among the most impressive and promising in the Asia-Pacific region. At present, almost 70% of Australians are involved in eCommerce and buying products on the internet.
In the year 2018, the country’s eCommerce sales forecast was set at $18.6 billion. This figure is predicted to increase to $21.5 billion by the year 2019. This is what makes Australia an excellent target market for sellers selling online. Before you launch your campaign of marketing towards the nation of Australia It is important to keep these things in your mind.
How Long Does It Take to Ship to Australia?
It’s true that Australia is an isolated continent. It generally takes 5- 10 working days to get an item to arrive in Australia via the US through air freight. Shipping via sea freight can take around 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the state of the US state you’re shipping to.
Consignments to China, the UK, and other European countries could take around 3-4 weeks when shipped via shipping by sea; however, if they are shipped via air, expect to receive five working days on average.
For estimated the delivery time to Australia dependent on the location of your home lookup our shipping rate calculation for more details.
How Much Does It Cost to Ship to Australia?
Because of its geographical isolation due to its location, shipping to Australia can be costly. But, this will depend on a few important factors which affect every shipping.
- Weight of the package: The heavier your package is, the more costly shipping will cost. You should weigh your shipping costs in relation to how quickly your client would like to be able to receive the package.
- Dimensions of your package: Dimensional weight can add to the overall cost of shipping. Packaging with unusual dimensions or shapes will probably be charged additional costs to the overall cost. Try to adhere to standard sizes for boxes to reduce costs.
- Speed of delivery: Expedited shipping will cost higher, often significantly. It is always a good idea to offer your customers this in addition to more affordable shipping alternatives.
It is important to weigh shipping options carefully due to the costs of transportation. At the beginning of the research, consumers aren’t keen on being in awe of additional costs when they check out. Making a flexible checkout that lists all duties, taxes, and other handling charges upfront will help. Consider marking your items to cover the shipping cost so that you can provide “free” or reduced shipping.
Australians are also familiar with regular transport (5-7 days) because it’s an extremely common service provided to Australian retailers. Do not be afraid to provide the option of shipping at a low cost when you the time of checkout, and also an express shipping option. The option of offering a service that is available during the weekend or at night is also a good idea since 75 percent of Australian customers have expressed a desire for the same type of service.
How do I find the Cheapest method to ship into Australia From the USA?
As with the rest of the world’s western countries, Australians hate paying for shipping. It’s believed that 60 percent of Australian customers abandon their shopping carts due to the cost of shipping. This is why it’s vital for US E-commerce sellers with a presence in Australia to figure out the cheapest method to ship their goods to Australia in order to satisfy their customers.
Let’s look at the estimated price and transit time for a parcel weighing five pounds, measuring x 5in 5in, USA from the USA to Australia.
Which is the Cheapest Method to Ship into Australia via Singapore?
Singapore is an e-commerce hot market for Australia as well, with Australians spending millions of dollars in transactions with Singaporean merchants every year.
Let’s examine the estimated cost and travel time for a package that weighs five pounds and measuring 10 inches x 5in and 5in, from Singapore up to Australia.
In this case, the most cost-effective method of shipping to Australia will be with NZ Post Standard at SGD 50.70 However, Aramax Parcel might be a viable alternative if you’re trying to get the parcel to be delivered to your client in a shorter timeframe for just an increase of a few cents.
If you’re shipping small items of less than 1 kilogram, you should consider these options for shipping cheaply for shipping to Australia in Singapore:
Does FedEx/UPS/USPS Ship to Australia?
The main express carriers UPS and FedEx provide services to Australia and so do USPS. United States Postal Service. If you’re in search of an express shipping option or something that is more affordable you can send your parcel using FedEx, UPS, or the USPS to Australia. USPS delivery to Australia is the most cost-effective solution in most instances, making it an excellent option for retailers.
Here are a few services provided by these couriers in sending their goods to Australia:
- UPS Worldwide Saver: 5-7 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited: 5-7 business days
- FedEx International Economy 8-10 business days
- FedEx International Priority 7 business days
- USPS Priority Mail Express International: 3 to 5 business days
- USPS Priority Mail International 6-10 business days
Things to Consider Before Shipping to Australia
- Check that your documents for customs are full and that all the details are correct, since Australian customs are very stringent. Additionally, ensure that the description and amount of the item match the value on the description and value on your business invoice to ensure that there is no delay in customs.
- From July 1st, 2018, import items with a customs value of less than $1000AUD might be subject to GST. GST is due when the item is sold at the point of sale of the overseas vendor, not at the point of entry. Find out more.
- If you’re shipping from outside and you’re shipping from overseas, you won’t be allowed to send your parcels to lockers or PO boxes.
- You must be aware of what you’re permitted to ship. For instance, it’s extremely difficult to ship pencils, cosmetics and other equipment, or chewing tobacco into Australia without the proper licence.
Furthermore, there are items that are strictly forbidden such as meat and fruit. If you offer any products that could be prohibited You should ensure that it is mentioned on the product pages of your store before Australian customers make an order.
Visit Easyship’s page on the country of Australia to find more details about prohibited and restricted items.
- From a logistical perspective, it is illegal to import cargo when it travels through certain countries like Egypt as well as Bangladesh. If you are planning to use freight shipping services to Australia be sure to choose a logistics company that is aware of the limitations.
- Australian customs can remove your shipment if it isn’t obtained within three days. Therefore, it is crucial to address any outstanding issues within the period of time.