Shopping online is a huge business and among the most requested items to send are T-shirts. If you’re operating an online shop or distributing new products for your brand in the garage You’ll need to ensure that you’re sending your T-shirts in a cost-effective and efficient manner. There are several methods of sending the shirts without risking the ones that you carry.
Choose the Right Packaging and Shipping T-shirts Can Be Super Cheap
If you’re only shipping one T-shirt, the most effective option is the First-Class Package service via USPS and the use of a poly mailer or soft envelope. Because most T-shirts weigh around 13 inches, you’ll be in a position to send the T-shirts at a cost that is minimal with the First-Class Package Service. Here are some helpful tips for this service, and on how to save money:
- Reduce the weight by not putting anything extra to your package.
- Make use of lightweight and cheap packaging such as an ordinary poly mailer. We suggest these 10×13 polymailers.
- Pricing is depending on the distance and weight, the least expensive is around $3 and the highest cost being less than $6.
- Estimated delivery time is between 1-3 days.
If your package weighs more than 1 Pound, you Can Still Save Money on Shipping T-shirts
If you’re sending out several shirts at once, don’t be concerned! You’ll still get a huge discount with USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail, your next cheapest choice to ship T-shirts between the three major shipping companies! It’s important to learn regarding this option:
- Priority mail flat-rate envelopes cost you $7.15 (with USPS Commercial Pricing that is available via the an online shipping program that is free)
- The estimated delivery time is between 1-3 days
- This service includes insurance provided by USPS
UPS and FedEx Are Always More Expensive for Smaller Shipments
UPS and FedEx offer the same pricing for their Ground shipping options but the cheapest shipping cost for a tiny 8.5×5.5×1.75″ package is about $11. The two carriers won’t be the best choice when you’re sending a couple of T-shirts.
More hefty, heavier packages are of course with higher costs. USPS, UPS, and FedEx all have options for shipping the larger packages, however, the cost will only rise in proportion to the size and weight of your package do…except the case of Priority Mail Cubic of course!
The Common Thread Here Is…
If you’re sending out T-shirts to an initiative on Kickstarter there are definitely numerous factors you’ll have to take into consideration as you set the plans for shipping and your requirements.
In general, these are the most important rules you must always adhere to when you’re shipping T-shirts
- Make use of less expensive packaging, such as poly mailers
- Do not use any padding, or packing material.
- Make use of the tiniest box or envelope that you can.
- Utilize an online delivery software to get the most substantial discounts you can get.
The most important thing to remember is that If you follow these steps and follow the above steps, you’ll be able to deliver your T-shirts at the lowest price, without a lot of hassle. So, go on! Send out your T-shirts. Repeat that ten times.
It is simple to ship clothing however there are a few important things to be aware of when packing your shipment to ensure it is delivered safely and on time, without incurring charges for additional services:
- What number of items you’re shipping The amount of things you’re shipping will determine how they’re packed and also the shipping cost. If you’re sending a single shirt or small piece of clothing, padded mailers and envelopes will suffice. If you’re shipping large quantities in clothing items, you might require a larger box or a number of smaller boxes.
- What you’re sending:Simple items like your daily wardrobe can be packed into envelopes or boxes however more extravagant or specialized clothes like wedding dresses and other clothes with delicate decorations should be packed in boxes.
- You might want to place clothes that hang or are expensive into a closet box, however, be aware that these boxes are considered oversized by parcel shippers such as UPS and FedEx and could be extremely expensive to ship with these methods. In the case of shipping a closet box consolidating freight is one of the most cost-effective methods to transport clothing.
- Method of packing: Since most clothing isn’t sharp and isn’t very fragile so you don’t need to worry about breaking when you transport it. But, it is possible for clothing to be wet, which is why it is recommended to seal clothes inside plastic bags in order to avoid any water damage. In the alternative, you should choose a appropriately dimensioned envelope or box so you don’t have the risk of over-packing it and then bursting into pieces during transportation.
- Materials for packing: Boxes are ideal for large-scale shipments that are going to the same location Plain Tyvek envelopes are perfect for small, single pieces as well as bubble mailers. They are great for delicate items such as buttons. Whatever you choose to choose, make sure to use plenty of quality packing tape and stay clear of using too much cushioning to keep the cost of shipping at a minimum.
- Weight of the package: Some articles of clothing are heavier than other (jeans for instance) and the boxes might weigh more than you expected and you should choose smaller boxes when you can to avoid exceeding weight limitations or incurring unanticipated cost of shipping. For large packages flat cost shipping is one of the most affordable ways to send clothing since the weight of your parcel doesn’t affect the shipping cost (as as it’s within the flat rate of your shipping company’s maximum weight).
- Experience of unboxing:Unboxing is an especially important aspect to consider for businesses that are shipping clothing to customers. A tidy and appealing presentation will go a long way in creating loyal customers. Always fold your items neatly and then pack them into plastic bags prior to sliding them into the packing material to ensure that they’re neat and give your customers a comfortable experience.
- Items that are delicate:Wedding dresses, leather fur, silk cashmere, chiffon and lace should be placed into boxes or hanged in a closet box. They also require additional care in packing. Make sure they’re well-sealed to ensure that bugs and moths won’t get in and feast on the delicate objects. Cedar sachets can aid in repelling insects along with the odors of stale food.
What is the cost to ship clothing?
The most cost-effective method to ship clothes is contingent upon the number of items you need to ship and your speed of delivery and the distance they travel. For small items, USPS is the cheapest choice.
Flat cost shipping is the most affordable option for smaller boxes or packages however, if you’re shipping wardrobe boxes, a complete wardrobe as part of family relocation, or are shipping large containers of clothing to other destinations within your network, consolidated freight is typically the most cost-effective method of shipping boxes of clothing.
Check out the costs to ship clothing using some of the most popular methods:
- Sending parcels (such such as FedEx and UPS)
- Consolidated freight
At TSI we can see two sizes of boxes that are common and weights to be used for shipping clothing:
- The medium-sized container (18″ x 18″ x 18″) with a weight of about 35 pounds
- A huge cardboard box (24″ x 18″ x 18″) with a weight of around 50 lbs
The estimates of shipping costs for pricing that are variable will be based on these standard dimensions and weights.
The United States Postal Service offers several options for shipping or mailing clothing, such as:
- First Class Post for all packages of up to 13 pounds
- Priority Mail flat rate shipping
- Pricing options for time sensitive shipping
If you’re sending a single piece of clothing that weighs less than 13 ounces, First Class Mail will be the cheapest option costing as low as $3.80.
For packages larger than 13 ounces Priority Mail flat rate shipping is the most cost-effective method of shipping boxes of clothing. Priority Mail flat rate shipments are delivered within three to five business days. And it is required to utilize USPS packaging to be eligible.
The cost of the shipment is contingent upon the dimensions of the box you choose to use. The packaged weight doesn’t count into the cost of shipping (as long you don’t exceed the maximum weight limit of 70 pounds) and neither the speed nor distance.