Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by QCity Editorial Stuff
Not many people know that the Earth is cooler at night than during the day. Temperatures vary by about 2°C from daytime highs to nighttime lows because of this phenomenon, called Earth’s diurnal cycle. In contrast, the amount of solar radiation hitting the planet is higher during daytime hours, making it warmer. This means that nighttime temperatures are typically greatly influenced by elevation and weather conditions such as clouds, which have a cooling effect on air temperatures.
A difference in temperature between night and daytime is something we experience every day. The temperature difference is larger over land than over water because moist conditions at the surface of the water can produce a blanket of warm air that insulates the cold water from the cold air above it. This difference in temperature leads to changes in atmospheric circulation.
Throughout the year, the Earth undergoes a cycle of days and nights. This is caused by a rotating sphere that obscures the sun from being in direct line with an observer for some time. Temperature differences between night and day are primarily due to atmospheric differences. Nighttime is usually colder than daytime because of radiational cooling. A difference in air pressure also causes nighttime to be cooler than daytime.
Comparison about Temperature Differences between Nighttime and Daytime on Earth
|Parameters of Comparison||Nighttime Temperature on Earth||Daytime Temperature on Earth|
|Fahrenheit||The temperature difference between day and night on earth can be between 22 to 88 degrees Fahrenheit.||The temperature difference between day and night on earth can vary by as much as 68 degrees Fahrenheit.|
|Greater||Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth are generally much greater in the arctic than in the tropics.||Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth are generally much greater in the arctic than in the tropics.|
|Season||Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth are generally much greater in the winter than.||Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth are generally much greater in the winter than.|
What is Nighttime Temperature on Earth?
The temperature on our planet is typically hotter during the day and cooler at night. This fluctuation is caused by several factors, so it is difficult to determine the exact temperature on Earth without the help of technology. However, researchers have found that nighttime temperatures can be significantly colder than daytime highs so it is important to dress appropriately for your climate’s variation.
What is the nighttime temperature on Earth? Scientists have long been trying to answer this question and we thought we finally had the answer; until we found out that it varies. The nighttime temperature can vary depending on how much moisture is in the air, the type of ground cover, and how far away from the equator you are.
An average daytime temperature on Earth is usually around 30°C, but at night it can drop to 5°C. That’s a big difference. Even though nighttime temperatures are still warmer than in the middle of winter, they can still be pretty chilly.
What is Daytime Temperature on Earth?
Daytime temperatures on Earth are typically between 10-25 degrees Celsius. Daytime temperatures are generally warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter. The Earth’s elliptical orbit has a significant impact on the Earth’s temperature. When it is closest to the sun, called perihelion, around January 3, daytime temperatures are typically near 0 degrees Celsius on Earth.
The Earth’s daytime temperature is typically around 65 degrees Fahrenheit (18 Celsius) in summer and 55 degrees Fahrenheit (13 Celsius) in winter. The difference is due to the tilt of the Earth’s axis relative to the sun, which causes more or less sunlight to reach different regions of the world at different times of the year.
10 Temperature Differences between Nighttime and Daytime on Earth
1. The temperature difference between day and night on earths can be between 22 to 88 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. The temperature difference between day and night on earth can vary by as much as 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. The temperature difference between day and night on earth is much greater in some parts of the world than in others.
4. Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth can vary from place to place.
5. Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth are generally much greater in the arctic than in the tropics.
6. Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth are generally much greater in the mid-latitude regions than in the tropics.
7. Nighttime and daytime temperature ranges on earth are generally much greater in the winter than.
Interesting Statistics or Facts of Nighttime Temperature on Earth
1. In summer, the nighttime temperature in the Kalahari Desert reaches 50 degrees Celsius.
2. Dubai is situated on the Arabian Gulf, and the city temperature reaches 50 degrees Celsius.
3. The Aleutian Islands are situated in the Bering Sea between Alaska and Russia.
4. The city of La Paz is situated at the highest altitude in the world, on the plateau of Yun gas, at 3660 meters above sea level.
5. The coolest temperature ever recorded on Earth was minus 89 degrees Celsius in Antarctica.
6. In the winter, the nighttime temperature in Antarctica falls to as low as minus 80 degrees Celsius.
7. The hottest daytime temperature on the Earth ever recorded was 50 degrees Celsius in Australia.
Interesting Statistics or Facts of Daytime Temperature on Earth
1. The daytime temperature on Earth is between -60C and 3600C.
2. The daylight is influenced by the earth’s tilt of 23.5 degrees.
3. The temperature is strongly influenced by the position of the sun.
4. The daytime temperature of the earth is increasing.
5. The increase in temperature is a result of global warming.
6. The increase in temperature will lead to the melting of ice caps.
7. The melting of ice caps will lead to the rising of sea levels.
8. The rising of sea levels will lead to the flooding of coastal cities.
9. The flooding of coastal cities will lead to the extinction of certain species.
10. The extinction of certain species will lead to a significant drop.
n conclusion, as the sun sets and the night begins, temperatures on Earth will cool as time moves on. As one sleeps peacefully through the night, one can rest assured that their house is still warm because of the radiant heat from the furnace. Despite all this, some animals can regulate their body temperatures with their environment and change during the day and night. The article has shed light on some of these animals and how they keep warm or cool as needed without having to move to a new environment.
Resource 01: https://brainly.in/question/18352465
Resource 02: https://www.space.com/17816-earth-temperature.html#:~:text