Last Updated on March 19, 2022 by QCity Editorial Stuff
Minecraft has become one of the most popular games, with over 100 million copies sold since its release in 2009. Minecraft is a game where players can build their worlds and do whatever they want. The game is available on Windows 10, iOS, Android, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. This blog post will compare Minecraft to Java Edition (Java), which was the original version of Minecraft before it went to Bedrock Engine (BE). The main difference between Java and Windows 10 edition is that you cannot play with friends who are using different versions unless they have converted their world files into BE format (.json). However, there are still some differences such as skins and mini-games not being able to be accessed on other platforms due to them not being available in the Bedrock Engine yet.
Minecraft is a sandbox game that is made up of blocks and the player walks around, builds things with those blocks, and creates worlds. It’s been around for more than 10 years but has seen an increase in popularity with its release on Windows 10. However, there are some major differences between Java-based Minecraft and Windows 10 Minecraft including different graphics; different gameplay; no mods; and less customization. This blog post will give you the lowdown on what to expect from these versions of Minecraft as well as how they can be played side by side if desired.
Comparison between Java and Windows 10 Minecraft
|Parameters of Comparison||Java||Windows 10 Minecraft|
|Released||1995||Windows 10 Minecraft was first released on November 18th, 2011|
|Use||Use to create the game||Just an entertainment process|
|Graphics||No graphics||Has graphics|
|Update||More update||Less update|
What is Java?
Java is a computer programming language that was developed by Sun Microsystems and released in 1995. It has since been used to develop applications for all types of devices, including mobile phones, video game consoles, and televisions. Java is an object-oriented language with syntax similar to C++. Programming skills are transferable between the two languages making it easy for experienced programmers to learn either one quickly.
Java is a computer programming language and computing platform. It’s one of the world’s most popular programming languages, with more than 9 million developers around the world. Java enables you to build applications for mobile devices, desktop computers, or other hardware systems including cars or robots. You can use it to create games, animation, art installations—even coffee machines.
Java has been around since 1995 and it’s still going strong today. And now that Android apps are written in Java too (rather than C++), there are even more reasons for people to learn how to code in this language.
What is Windows 10 Minecraft?
Minecraft is a very popular game that has been around for years and continues to be played by young and old alike. Windows 10 recently released the new version of Minecraft which includes many improvements including 4K graphics, better performance, more animals, battle maps with friends, cross-platform play between Xbox One and PC players on Android devices. The new version of Minecraft will cost $24.99 in the USA when it is released on June 27th.
Minecraft was created by Markus Persson but he sold his company Mojang to Microsoft in 2014 for 2 billion dollars! This caused some controversy amongst gamers who fear that Microsoft may change the game into something undesirable or take away features it currently offers like multiplayer gaming across different platforms or modding support (more on this later).
The Windows 10 Minecraft allows players to explore and create their world. It can be played on desktop computers, tablets, and phones. Players can customize their character with clothes, skins, and other accessories. They can also choose from a variety of animals as pets that will follow them around the game! The Windows 10 version is different than the original Minecraft because it has an easier interface for beginners to help them get accustomed to how it works. There are many exciting features like multiplayer mode where up to four people can play together at the same time! One of those features is “The End” which takes players through a dark forest until they reach a fiery mountain full of monsters ready for battle! Microsoft describes this new update as “a mash-up between the PC/Java Edition and the Pocket Edition”, meaning that it’s a middle ground between those two platforms.
10 Differences Between Java and Windows 10 Minecraft
1. Java is a programming language, Windows 10 Minecraft is a game.
2. Java was first released in 1995, Windows 10 Minecraft was first released on November 18th, 2011.
3. Java can be used to create games or other programs that are not just for entertainment purposes, while Windows 10 Minecraft is only meant for entertainment purposes.
4. You must purchase the full version of Java if you want to use it commercially; with Microsoft’s new “Creators Update” program you will have access to all features of Windows 10 Minecraft without paying anything.
5. There are many different versions of Java – Oracle has their version and so does Apple – but there is only one version of Windows 10 Minecraft.
6. The most recent update for java was released on January 14th, 2018 whereas the latest updates for windows were released on April 25th, 2017, and October 17th, 2016 respectively.
7. Java has no graphics.
8. Windows 10 Minecraft has 3D graphics and different biomes (e.g., snow, desert).
9. Java can be used to create games or other programs in the future with more advanced skills than just using blocks of code for creating buildings or structures in-game.
10. You cannot use any type of third-party mods in the game unless you have purchased them from Mojang’s website, which will cost money if not already owned by you previously before downloading the game on your computer.
Interesting Statistics or Facts of Java
1. Java is the most popular programming language in the world.
2. The first version of Java was released on January 23, 1995.
3. more than 9 million developers are using Java worldwide.
4. In 2009, Sun Microsystems renamed itself Oracle Corporation after buying out Sun Microsystems Inc., which had acquired Java when it bought BEA Systems.
5. The name “Java” comes from a coffee-growing region in Indonesia called “Javanese”
6. It’s estimated that around 1 billion mobile devices are running on the Android operating system which uses Java as its programming language
Interesting Statistics or Facts of Windows 10 Minecraft
1. Minecraft is one of the most popular games in history.
2. The game has over 100 million monthly players.
3. Windows 10 includes a version of Minecraft that can be played on your desktop or tablet.
4. There are more than 22,000 different skins to choose from for skin customization.
5. You can play with friends online via Xbox Live or locally with up to 4 people using split-screen mode on PC and mobile devices.
6. With Microsoft’s new Game Mode, you’ll get an added boost when playing intensive games like Minecraft so your game will run smoother and faster.
Java and Windows 10 Minecraft are very different in many ways. The way that you can interact with the game is one of these differences. When playing on Windows, your mouse controls what happens to your character while they’re running around doing tasks or exploring their environment; however, when using Java, everything is controlled by keyboard commands like “W” for walking forward or “A” for turning left. This makes it much easier (and faster) to play the game since there’s no need to switch between two devices constantly. Another difference worth noting is how updates work – if an update pops up when you’re playing a game on Windows 10, just choose whether or not you want to install it then go right back into the action without having to restart the game.
Resource 02: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-windows10